The S178A is fast and durable, it continues the FITEL tradition of quality and excellence by delivering precise and accurate splices even under rigorous field conditions.
The S178A is equipped with a core alignment system that can complete a splice in 7 seconds (semiauto mode) and an integrated heater which can shrink a protection sleeve in 25 seconds (pre-heat mode). The USB 2.0 mini interface speeds up PC communication and image / video transfer, whilst enhancing reliability.
Although the S178A is significantly smaller and lighter in weight than previous models, its canopy design, durable metal body frame and rubber protection corners provide robust protection. This enables use in demanding environments without compromising splicing performance. Along with its rugged durability, the splicer also offers convenience. An internal battery system allows up to 200 splicing cycles (splicing/heating) and an innovative, mirror-free alignment system reduces maintenance work.
The S178A is a versatile choice for a wide range of applications including FTTx, LAN, backbone, enterprise, long-haul installations, data-center and OEM. It is an excellent option for use in the conventional telecommunications industry, along with other industries (including oil and gas and outside broadcast).
The battery is automatically charged internally when connected to AC mains power even during operation. The new illumination lamp lights up a wide area around the V-grooves and helps operation in low light environment.
The redesigned and strengthened heater simplifies the protection sleeve loading process.
|Alignment Type:||Core Alignment|
|Applicable Fiber:||SM / MM / DSF / NZD / EDF / BIF / UBIF|
|Fiber Count:||Single Fiber|
|Cladding Diameter:||80 to 150 μm|
|Coating Diameter:||Single: 100 – 1000 μm|
|Cleave Length:||5-10 or 5-16 mm – 250 μm Coating
10-16 mm – 900 μm Coating
|Fusion time:||7-9 seconds|
- Internal battery charging
- Illumination lamp lights up a wide area around V-grooves
- User friendly LCD display offers 4 different X/Y image layouts
- Simplified splice result indicator red / green icon
- Rugged and compact handheld design to endure harsh environmental conditions
- Fast splice (7 sec) at super low loss and Fast Heating (25 sec)*1
- 200 cycles (Splicing & Heating) with Internal batteries*2
- Splice programs available for All METRO/LAN/FTTx fibers including ultra bend-insensitive fibers (e.g. EZ-Bend™)
- Splicer is compatible with the Seikoh Giken and Diamond Spliceon-connector (SOC)
- Easy maintenance electrode replacement /mirror free alignment system
- Easy Software upgrade via the Internet
- Simplified program fusion and heater programming
- Easily exchanged fiber holder systems (Tight holder/Removable fiber holder/SOC holder)
- PC interface software to allow user manage splicing recipes and splicing results
- Auto-start heater oven option
- Improved GUI enhancing ease-of-use
- Large memory for storing 2,000 splice records and last 100 splice result images
- RoHS compliant*1 By using semi-auto mode for splicing and pre-heating mode for heating.*2 By using 2-batteries, semi-auto mode for splicing and regular mode for heating.
Under Tough EnvironmentS178A passed criteria as below
- Drop Resistance – 76 cm Drops from 5 different angles
- Water Resistance – IPX2 rating drip proof
Dust Resistance – IP5X rating dust proof