The AQ1300 series is a compact and lightweight Ethernet tester that is designed to improve both work efficiency and quality at the same time, with function optimized for the network path testing and maintenance of Ethernet networks up to 1G or 10G depending on model chosen.
Easy operation prevents operational errors and stabilizes work quality for routine tasks such as network path testing. Powerful analysis functions help isolate failures during maintenance work. The AQ1300 series has two models, AQ1300 and AQ1301 to choose from depending on the measurement interface and bit rate. You can choose the model suitable for your test needs.
Compact and lightweight handheld tester with functionality optimized for the network path testing and maintenance of 10M to 10G Ethernet networks. Integrated functions and field optimized operations in one compact box. designed to improve work efficiency and quality.
World’s Smallest-in-class 10GbE tester (AQ1300)
The AQ1300 is the world’s smallest in-clas 10G Ethernet Tester. It offers excellent mobility for field work, reduces work load, and ensures work efficiency and safety.
- A5- Size
- Easy-to-carry robust structure suitable for field use
- The lightweight （Approx. 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs) makes it more comfortable to carry or hold in the hand at work.
1) All functions in ONE for Network path test
All the functions needed for field performance testing are integrated into a compact unit. The functions are optimized to improve work efficiency in the field where work hours and working conditions are limited.
- Optical and electrical measurement ports for 10M to 1G (AQ1301) and 10M to 10G (AQ1300) are available
- Built-in Optical power meter (factory-installed option for the AQ1300)
- Equipped with a variety of test functions to evaluate Ethernet performance, such as a throughput test, latency measurement, bit error rate test, and PING test.
2) More Efficient and Reliable Network Path Test
Network path testing or other routine work require not only work efficiency but also that every worker with any skill level can carry out a proper test with the correct procedure and settings. Automated tests using the setup files pre-loaded on the tester ensures consistent work quality.
- Auto: Just select a setup file and run it to perform automatic measurement and save the measurement results
- Auto (Remote): Link the two units as master and slave to run automatic tests.
- Remote Control: Control remotely from a PC via GUI
3) Powerful Failure Analysis Functions
The AQ1300 series provides a variety of functions to reproduce the user’s traffic environment for more accurate troubleshooting.
- Function to generate a variety of test frames to reproduce the real traffic environment
- Tests with variable frame length and field, overload test, burst traffic test, and multi-flow test
- Various physical layer analysis functions
4) Intuitive and Comfortable Graphical User Interface (GUI)
The screen is laid out so that you can understand the information you need such as the setting items and setting states at a glance and a unified operating system offers stress-free operation.
- All the menu keys, operation buttons, and rotary knob are laid out on the right side to allow for single hand operation.
- The operation system is optimized for practical use in network path testing and maintenance.
5) Large LCD Screen
The large screen improves work efficiency and reduces operational errors and mistakes.
- An easy-to-read large color LCD display (5.7-inch, 640 480 pixels)
6) All Functions in One for Field Testing
The AQ1300 series evaluates the performance of various devices, services, and network systems with an Ethernet interface. It can efficiently and accurately verify whether network systems and services meet the specified quality and functionality. If a failure occurs, it can detect the location and nature of the cause.
- AQ1301: 10M to 1G, AQ1300: 10M to 10G
- Test layer: L2, L3-IPv4, L3-IPv6
- Major test items
- Throughput, frame loss, latency, error frame, BERT (Bit Error Rate Test), QoS (Quality of Service), and PNG
- L2/L3 loop back function
- Pass/Fail judgment function
Following are the advanced multiple Test modes and functions of a Ethernet Multifield Tester:
i: Auto Test Mode
A test scenario that performs multiple tests sequentially can be easily created on a PC, uploaded to an AQ1300/1301, and then performed in the field. Tests are performed automatically and the measurement results are saved automatically. This mode requires minimal training from operator and thus ensures quality and consistent results.
- A test with up to eight steps can be registered in one setup file
- Up to 48 setup files can be registered with a tester
- You can set whether to enable or disable changing each set parameter
- You can set the pass/fail criterion for each test item
ii: In-band remote function
The in-band remote function allows the master unit to search for and control slave units located at the far end of the network using a test line to perform synchronized tests.
- Search for multiple slave units in the same domain and generate a list of all devices
- Master can send commands to the slaves to start/stop transmission and reception
- Master can obtain the test results from the slave unit using the inband connection.
iii: Manual Test
The Manual Test is useful for troubleshooting and device verification to setup certain test conditions that are not available using Auto Test.
- Various test frames can be set using Frame Builder in the setup software
- Variable frame length and variable field setting
- Generate an overload exceeding 100% and burst traffic
- Flexible multi-functional receive filter setting
- Up to 72-hour statistical logging
iv: Layer 1 Analysis
Various physical layer tests can be performed on the spot to effectively analyze network failures caused by physical layer problems such as incompatibility of the transceiver module.
- Optical power monitor function monitors the received optical power level
- High-precision optical power meter on a dedicated port (factory option only available for the AQ1300)
- RX frequency deviation measurement (The AQ1300/AQ1301 measures the frequency deviation of received signals)
- Variable TX frequency (Variable frequency of the test signals transmitted from the AQ1300/AQ1301)
- LFS generation/detection (only available for the AQ1300)
- Link down detection
v: PING Test
Verify layer 3 network connectivity all the way down to the servers and equipment using a hardware-controlled accurate and reliable PING test.
- Hardware-controlled high-speed PING testing at 1 ms intervals
- IPv6 PING testing supported
- Up to 9999-byte jumbo frame PING testing supported
- Traceroute testing supported
vi: QoS Test
Easily verify the performance of networks that provide Quality of Service (QoS) functions such as priority forwarding and bandwidth control.
- Performance evaluation of up to eight channels in Manual mode (up to four channels in Auto and Auto (Remote) modes)
- Select the test type from VLAN-CoS, IP-v4-ToS, IPv6-Traffic Class, etc.
- Set the pass/fail judgment conditions for each class
- Monitor the sequence error for each class
vii: Sequence Error Checking Function
Packet sequence errors can be monitored by counting the number of out-of-order and duplicate packets for example.
- Count of the number of out-of-order packets
- Count of the number of duplicate packets
- Count of the number of lost packets
- Burst loss count
viii: RFC2544 Test Function
An automated test function in conformance with RFC2544, the standard benchmarking methodology for evaluation of Ethernet services and network systems performance.
- Throughput : Maximum frame transfer rate without frame loss
- Latency : Delay time of a frame
- Frame loss rate : Incidence rate of frame loss with excess traffic
- Back-to-back : Maximum burst value not causing a frame loss
- Packet jitter : Relative variation of latency
ix: Remote Control Function
USB or LAN can be used as a remote control interface to perform remote control from a PC in a remote location. The front panel of the AQ1300/AQ1301 is displayed on the PC screen, so you can perform remote control with the same user interface as that of the AQ1300/AQ1301.
x: Front View
xi: Top View/Bottom View